THE INK SPOTS... PART 2 OF 2
"Brown Gal"/"Pork Chops And Gravy"
by The Ink Spots
on Decca 2044
released in 1938
Above Left: The Ink Spots: (L-R) Ivory "Deek" Watson (tenor), Bill Kenny (tenor), Orville "Hoppy" Jones (bass), and Charlie Fuqua (baritone). This is the classic line up that was together from 1936 to 1943.
Above Right: The Ink Spots: (L-R) Bill Kenny, Deek Watson, Hoppy Jones, and Charlie Fuqua.
NOTE: For more about The Ink Spots, try the following:
- Click HERE for extensive information supplied by Jack Hanna at "The Ink Spots (Original Group) Web Site".
- Click HERE for information about the book "More Than Words Can Say - The Ink Spots And Their Music" by Marv Goldberg.
- Click HERE for "The Ink Spots Web Site".
- Click HERE for RealAudio Radio Shows featuring The Ink Spots.
- Click HERE for Media Player Radio Shows featuring The Ink Spots.
Above: Label image of Decca 2044 recorded on 8/31/38 and released in 1938. Deek Watson sings lead on both sides.
Listen to this week's selections:
A) Click on an option below to listen to The Ink Spots using Streaming RealAudio.
"Brown Gal" - Decca 2044 A - 1938
"Pork Chops And Gravy" - Decca 2044 B - 1938
"BOTH SONGS" played in sequence
B) Click on an option below to listen to The Ink Spots using Downloading RealAudio.
"Brown Gal" - Decca 2044 A - 1938 (file size=454KB)
"Pork Chops And Gravy" - Decca 2044 B - 1938 (file size=444KB)
CLICK HERE FOR THE INK SPOTS - PART 1 OF 2.
This site is non-commercial. All information displayed is provided to further the general public's knowledge of RnB vocal group harmony.